COVID-19 resources and support
The health, safety and wellbeing of our people, our customers, our people, and the communities in which we operate is our priority.
Through uncertain times, Simply Energy will continue to provide extra support for your home or business.
The simplest way to manage your energy account is online through MyAccount.
We’ve answered some of your most asked coronavirus-related questions below. However, if you need to contact us, click here.
I’ve received an estimated bill. How do I submit a self-service meter read?
COVID-19 restrictions may mean that access to your meter is limited. If you’ve received an estimated bill, you can supply a self-service meter read online.
Supplying your own meter read is simple:
- Fill out the Contact us form. Make sure you have your account number handy (you can find this at the top of page 1 of your bill).
- In ‘What's your enquiry related to?’, select ‘My meter’.
- Select the ‘Add a customer read’ sub-category.
- In the ‘Enquiry’ section, enter your meter read, reading left to right and including all the zeroes before the numbers. Don’t forget to include the date of your self-service meter read.
- Upload a photograph of your meter, including a date and time of your self-service read if possible. You could include a mobile phone or fitness tracker screen in your photograph to show the time and date.
- We will then send you an updated bill that reflects your actual usage.
If you’re having trouble reading your meter, our 'How to read your meter' guide can help you identify your meter type and read your meter accurately.
What payment support options are available?
In challenging times, we understand you may need a little extra support with your bill. We are here to assist you with:
- One-off bill payment extensions. There’s no need to call us – you can now request more time to pay your bill through MyAccount.
- Tailored payment plans, including fixed instalment plans. You can apply for a payment plan through MyAccount.
- Information on hardship programs and government concessions, discounts and rebates.
What government assistance is available?
This will depend where you are in Australia. The information below is up to date as of February 2021; however, we recommended you check your state or territory government website to access the most up-to-date information.
For general information on government concessions, including grants, discounts and rebates, click here.
Victoria – the $250 Power Saving Bonus
The $250 Victorian Government’s Power Saving Bonus will be available from 1 February 2021 to 31 January 2022.
The Victorian Government’s Power Saving Bonus is a one-off payment of $250 available to Victorian households with at least one JobSeeker, Youth Allowance, Austudy or Abstudy recipient or Pensioner Concession Card holder.
To find out more and apply, visit the State Government’s Victorian Energy Compare website.
How can I pay my bill?
There are several ways to pay your bill – many of them online:
- The simplest way to pay is through MyAccount. Click here to log in or register.
- Pay online by credit card or PayPal. Click here to pay by Visa, Mastercard or PayPal.
- Australia Post Billpay. Call 13 18 16 or go to postbillpay.com.au.
- By telephone or internet banking. Contact your bank to make payment from your account. Learn more at bpay.com.au.
What if I’m moving house?
In most cases, we don’t expect any interruptions to your move in date as a result of COVID-19. However, if your property is in an area that is affected by COVID-19 restrictions, distributors must adhere to COVID-safe guidelines – to ensure their safety and yours. This may result in some delays to the usual connection and disconnection turnaround times. We will continue to have regular communication with your distributor to ensure your power is connected as soon as possible.
I’m having issues with my power supply. What should I do?
If you are experiencing issues with your electricity or gas supply, please contact your distributor. Your distributor’s phone number can be found in the top right corner of your latest bill.
You can also find more information on emergencies, faults and outages, including distributor contact details, here.
I’m on a movies plan. What will happen with my tickets or points?
Village movie vouchers
Village movie vouchers with expiry dates after December 2020 have been automatically extended for an additional 8 months.
Vrewards points and benefits
Due to cinema closures, Village Cinemas have extended the redemption periods for eligible Vrewards points.
To further extend your Vrewards points expiry, simply make an eligible transaction in cinema or online. You will need to scan your membership when purchasing in cinema or be logged into your account when booking online.
Should I be worried about scams and hoaxes?
Simply Energy will never send emails or text messages asking you to confirm, update or disclose personal or banking information.
Always check your customer details (account and customer numbers and address) are correct before paying your bill.
If in doubt, simply don’t click. Contact us through online chat and we’ll investigate. You can also login to MyAccount to manage your account securely online.
Where can I find more information on COVID-19?
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health for official medical advice on protecting yourself and others.
You’ll find more helpful information on coronavirus by visiting the following websites:
- Financial Hardship – Australian Government Services Support
- Victorian State Government Support & Information
- New South Wales State Government Support & Information
- Queensland State Government Support & Information
- South Australian State Government Support & Information
- Western Australian State Government Support & Information