Family and domestic violence
Simply Energy is committed to supporting customers affected by family violence. We can provide safe, supportive and flexible assistance, helping make sure your energy stays connected and your personal and financial security is managed effectively.
If there is an immediate threat to your safety, call 000.
What is family violence?
Every year, millions of Australians experience family violence. The impacts of family violence are far-reaching, causing social isolation, unemployment, homelessness, poverty and serious injury.
Family violence takes many forms, including:
- Physical violence.
- Sexual assault or sexually abusive behaviour.
- Verbal abuse.
- Emotional or psychological abuse.
- Financial abuse.
- Spiritual or cultural abuse.
- Damage to property or belongings.
- Technology assisted abuse.
- Abuse or threatened abuse of pets.
- Serious neglect where there is a relationship of dependence.
- Behaviour by a person using violence that causes a child to be exposed to the effects of family and domestic violence.
How Simply Energy can help
We understand that everyone’s experience is unique, personal and sensitive. If you are experiencing/have experienced family violence, our specialist Customer Advocacy offers confidential support and a range of assistance including:
- Guidance on applying our Family Violence Policy.
- Financial impacts and payment assistance options.
- Debt management and financial hardship support.
- Account security checks and services.
- Helping you access family violence and financial counselling services.
Simply Energy’s Family Violence Policy has more information.
Get in touch
Contact us on via online chat or call 13 88 08 (Mon-Fri, 8am-7pm AEST).
External support services
Free family violence support services include:
Looking for something else?
Find helpful information by topic