We’ll pack more into your plans
From the AFL to Village Cinemas, we’ve partnered with some big names to bring you exciting rewards.
Every Simply Energy customer could win one of ten $500 EFTPOS gift cards each quarter in our Simply Thanks draw.
Affordable and easy
We’re here to keep things simple and affordable, with no lock-in contracts or exit fees.
Moving made easy
It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3
- Choose the plan that works best for your new home
- Tell us your new address and moving date
- Relax, our moving team will keep you updated
Energy the way it should be
No exit fees
Switch and enjoy the freedom of no lock-in contracts and no exit fees.
Moving Home Energy Guarantee
Simply fill in the online moving form and we’ll have everything sorted within 2 business days.
Award-winning customer service
We were awarded with Canstar Blue’s ‘Most Satisfied Customers’ Nationwide, Dual Fuel, 2018.’
We’ve got all the answers
How do I prepare for my move?
So we can switch your electricity in your new property, please remember to switch your electricity meter off when you move in. Turn the meter back on after the scheduled time, and that’s it. Your electricity should now be on. We may need to read your meter, so we ask for clear and safe access. For safety reasons, please let us know if there are any works being done at your new property.
I’m a life support customer. Can I manage my move online?
Unfortunately, no. We take your safety and wellbeing seriously, so we’d prefer to chat to you. Please call us on 13 88 08, so your move is managed properly and with great care.
What is the Moving Home Energy Guarantee?
You can rely on us to have your electricity and gas for your new home switched to Simply Energy within 2 business days, when you use our online Movers form. You must complete the form before 1pm Monday to Friday (exc. public holidays), provide clear and safe access to the electricity meter and let us know if there are any electrical or gas works going on at the new property. That will ensure you have your electricity and gas on by the confirmed date (within 2 business days). If we’re unable to get either (or both) your electricity or gas on by this date, we’ll provide you with a $150 credit on your first bill. This is the Moving Home Energy Guarantee. Credits include GST and are not transferable or redeemable for cash. This offer may be changed or withdrawn at any time.
Are there any moving fees?
In some cases, distributors may charge a moving fee or special fee. If this happens, we will add it to you Simply Energy bill. You can find out more about our fees, here in the T&Cs or on your moving form.
Anything else you need to know?
Head over to our Help and Support Center for more of the ins and outs of moving.
Terms and conditions
General T&Cs when you’re moving with Simply Energy:
- You must select a new energy offer as we cannot transfer an existing plan to your new property.
- If you have a life support machine, please call us on 13 88 08 to arrange your move so we can talk through the process in more detail.
- There may be a disconnection or connection fee from your distributor. If there is, this fee will be shown on your first bill for the new property and you’ll also be able to see the fee when filling out the online form.
- You must fill out the Simply Energy Movers form by 1pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) for connection of your electricity and/or gas in 2 business days. If you’re moving within 2 business days, please call us on 13 88 08.
Moving Home Energy Guarantee
Whether you are a new or existing customer of Simply Energy, we make transferring energy to your new home easy. If you arranged your move online before 1pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays), provided clear and safe access to the meter (including no electrical/gas works going on at the property), you can rely on us to have your electricity and/or gas on by the confirmed date (not less than 2 business days). If we’re unable to get either (or both) your electricity or gas on by this date, we’ll provide you a $150 credit on your first bill. This is the Moving Home Energy Guarantee. Credits include GST and are not transferable or redeemable for cash. This offer may be changed or withdrawn at any time.
Moving Home Energy Guarantee T&Cs
- This offer applies to online moves.
- You must contact us and let us know of a failed connection of either gas or electricity or both.
- We’ll confirm whether you’re eligible for the $150 credit. The approved $150 credit will be applied on your first bill, either electricity or gas, depending on the fuel that wasn’t connected by the confirmed date. If both electricity and gas were not connected by the confirmed date, the $150 credit will be applied only to your electricity account.
- The $150 credit can only be applied once per customer, per move.
- Offer excludes moving into a new estate or a premise that hasn’t had electricity or gas connected for 12 months or more.
- You will not be eligible for the $150 credit if we are unable to connect the electricity and/or gas due to safety reasons or because there is no clear access.