Support with ongoing financial difficulties and hardship
If you need help paying your bill, Simply Energy can offer support including:
- One-off bill extensions.
- Fixed instalment payment plans.
- Information about government concessions, discounts and rebates.
However, sometimes you may need a little extra support to get on top of your energy bills.
Simply Energy offers residential customers assistance through the hardship support program.
What does ‘hardship’ mean?
Hardship is when you would like to pay your energy bills but don’t have the money to do so.
Financial difficulties due to hardship can be long- or short-term and may be because of changes in income, prolonged illness or other reason.
What is the hardship program?
The Simply Energy hardship program helps you get back in control of your energy use and bills.
We tailor our support to meet your needs and will always treat you with respect, empathy and sensitivity.
Through the hardship program, we offer a range of assistance, including:
- Payment plan options that suit your situation, including long- and short-term plans and fixed or flexible instalments.
- Flexible payment methods, such as via Centrepay and direct debit.
- Advanced payments to help you get ahead.
- Energy-saving tips and advice to help you bring your energy costs down.
- Information on government concessions, grants and rebates, including help with eligibility and applications.
- Referrals to financial counselling services.
For more information hardship programs and policies, and the support available in your state, click the relevant link below.
Struggling to pay your bills?
Contact us via online chat or call 1800 094 121 (Mon-Fri, 8am-7pm AEST) as soon as possible.
Download our hardship policies
Looking for something else?
Find helpful information by topic