We’ve teamed up with your employer Hunter Douglas to offer you our Simply Choice energy plan, which gives you a guaranteed discount on your home electricity and gas.
As an employee in NSW, you’re also eligible to benefit from the Rydalmere warehouse’s exported solar energy, through the Powertracer Solar Sharing Plan^.
So, when the sun is shining and Hunter Douglas is exporting solar energy, Simply Choice gives employees the chance to receive their matched energy use at a discounted rate as explained below in the FAQs.
^Terms and conditions can be found here
Are you eligible?
You are eligible to participate in the Powertracer Solar Sharing Plan if you meet the following criteria:
- You have signed up to our Simply Choice energy plan
- You are a current, permanent employee of Hunter Douglas
- You are a residential customer in NSW
- You have a smart meter installed at your premises or agree to have one installed. A smart meter is required to receive the solar export bonus. If you don’t have a smart meter, we can manage installation for you at no charge as part of this offer. Please allow a few weeks for us to complete the installation. Smart meter FAQs can be found here
Signing up is simple
- Add your postcode below to view the Simply Choice offer details.
- Add in the promo code: HUNTER at step one of the checkout.
- Complete your application using the checkout.
- Once you’ve signed up, keep an eye out for an email from us – it will contain important terms and conditions and require your acceptance of these terms.
- You’ll also be sent an email to register to the Powertracer platform, so keep an eye out for that too.
Don’t hesitate to call us on 1800 290 773 if you have any questions.
We’re delighted to have Hunter Douglas as part of the team and can’t wait to offer you this great Simply Choice energy plan!
How does it work?
If Hunter Douglas is exporting energy, you are concurrently using energy and your energy use is matched with Hunter Douglas’ solar exports (on a first in first serve basis as calculated by the Enosi Platform) (“Matched Energy Use”), usage charges on that Matched Energy Use will be discounted by 5 c/kWh.
You can find out more on how the Enosi Platform works, here.
Why do I need a full communicating Smart Meter?
In order to view your usage information in the Enosi platform (and be able to access the bonus discount), we need to be getting regular 30-minute usage reads, which is only possible by having a smart meter installed.
What if I don’t have a full communicating Smart Meter?
If you don’t currently have a full communicating smart meter, we can install one for you, free of charge once you become a Simply Energy customer.
How much does a Smart Meter cost?
When you become a Simply Energy customer, changing over to a smart meter is free.
However, there may be additional costs if, for instance, we find asbestos or if extra work is required when we attempt to change your meter over. Don’t worry though – we can talk you through this if needed.
How much bonus discount can I expect?
Unfortunately, we can’t give you an exact figure on how much you will save on each bill, or over the year, because it depends on how much excess energy Hunter Douglas is exporting from the warehouse roof matched by your own energy use at those times.
What we can tell you is that when Hunter Douglas is that when exported solar from Hunter Douglas is matched by your energy use (calculated by the Enosi Platform), you will receive a bonus discount of 5 cents including GST off your residential electricity rates (along with other eligible employees of Hunter Douglas); you can see how this allocation has occurred in the Enosi Powertracer platform, with the appropriate credit being applied to your next Simply Energy electricity bill.
What happens if I leave Hunter Douglas?
In order to receive the bonus discount, you must be a permanent employee of Hunter Douglas. Therefore, if you leave the employment of Hunter Douglas, you will still have access to Simply Energy’s great rates via the Simply Choice energy plan. However, you will no longer be eligible to receive the bonus discount.
Where can I go for more information on the Enosi platform?
Enosi has some great information available here
What happens if I can’t log in to the Enosi platform?
What is the Simply Energy Choice electricity plan?
Simply Energy Choice is a competitive energy plan specifically offered to our partners. View our terms and conditions. We are delighted to have you and Hunter Douglas as part of the Simply Energy team!