Powering savings, simply
As a NSW employee of Hunter Douglas, sign up for our Powertracer Energy Plan energy plan to receive:
- Guaranteed discounts off both your gas and electricity usage and supply charges
- Your Matched Energy Use at a discounted rate (“Solar Export Bonus") and benefit from the Rydalmere warehouse’s exported solar energy. Read more in our FAQs below
- Carbon neutral energy, it’s not an option, add-on or app you’ll need to activate
- No lock-in contract and zero exit fee
^Terms and conditions can be found here
Are you eligible?
You are eligible to participate in the Hunter Douglas Powertracer Energy Plan if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a current, permanent employee of Hunter Douglas
- You are a residential customer in NSW
- You have a smart meter installed at your premises or agree to have one installed. This is required so that you can receive the Solar Export Bonus
So, how do I sign up?
- Add your postcode below to view the energy offer details.
- Add in the promo code: HUNTER at step one of the checkout.
- Complete your application using the checkout.
- Once you’ve signed up, keep an eye out for an email from us – it will contain important terms and conditions and require your acceptance of these terms.
- You’ll also be sent an email to register to the Powertracer platform, so keep an eye out for that too.
Award-winning energy solutions
Innovation Excellence 2022
We’re proud to have won this award for our Solar Sharing Scheme in partnership with Hunter Douglas in NSW.
Innovation and Collaboration 2020
Awarded for our world-leading VPPx, this project was recognised for its increasing of consumer benefits from home battery systems.
IoT for Energy 2020
We were thrilled to be acknowledged for our work in growing connectivity and IoT innovation for our VPPx project.
How does it work?
If Hunter Douglas is exporting energy, you are concurrently using energy and your energy use is matched with Hunter Douglas’ solar exports (on a first in first serve basis as calculated by the Enosi Platform) (“Matched Energy Use”), usage charges on that Matched Energy Use will be discounted by 9c/kWh.
You can find out more on how the Enosi Platform works, here.
Why do I need a full communicating Smart Meter?
In order to view your usage information in the Enosi platform (and be able to access the bonus discount), we need to be getting regular 30-minute usage reads, which is only possible by having a smart meter installed.
What if I don’t have a full communicating Smart Meter?
If you don’t currently have a full communicating smart meter, we can install one for you, free of charge once you become a Simply Energy customer.
How much does a Smart Meter cost?
When you become a Simply Energy customer, changing over to a smart meter is free.
However, there may be additional costs if, for instance, we find asbestos or if extra work is required when we attempt to change your meter over. Don’t worry though – we can talk you through this if needed.
How much bonus discount can I expect?
Unfortunately, we can’t give you an exact figure on how much you will save on each bill, or over the year, because it depends on how much excess energy Hunter Douglas is exporting from the warehouse roof matched by your own energy use at those times.
What we can tell you is that when Hunter Douglas is that when exported solar from Hunter Douglas is matched by your energy use (calculated by the Enosi Platform), you will receive a bonus discount of 9 cents including GST off your residential electricity rates (along with other eligible employees of Hunter Douglas); you can see how this allocation has occurred in the Enosi Powertracer platform, with the appropriate credit being applied to your next Simply Energy electricity bill.
What happens if I leave Hunter Douglas?
In order to receive the bonus discount, you must be a permanent employee of Hunter Douglas. Therefore, if you leave the employment of Hunter Douglas, you will still have access to Simply Energy’s great rates via the Simply Choice energy plan. However, you will no longer be eligible to receive the bonus discount.
Where can I go for more information on the Enosi platform?
Enosi has some great information available here
What happens if I can’t log in to the Enosi platform?
What is the Simply Energy Members electricity plan?
Simply Energy Members is a competitive energy plan specifically offered to our partners. View our terms and conditions. We are delighted to have you and Hunter Douglas as part of the Simply Energy team!